Monday, March 19, 2012

In the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro

I had an amazing day, and wish I could post pictures.  We visited the land where Mariamu's house will be built, and planted several trees. We had to borrow a hoe from a Mbola woman who was working two fields away...it was crazy. She said she had never seen a 'mzungu' before. Mariamu's land is on a plain in between Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro, it is wild and open and beautiful. There are no houses here, but in one year, there should be a small town. Afer we planted the trees, we sang and danced in the sunshine. It was moving and beautiful.

Mariamu and I decided to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in four years.....anyone want to join us? ;-)

I also met with the doctors from the dermatology clinic, and am hoping we can work together... They also gave me enough bucket hats for the kids at Kabanga, and would have given me sunscreen, but I had no room.

Off to Kabanga tomorrow, where our toughest work will be. I will probably not be able to post from there, so I will sign off with love from Tanzania.
Lala salama,
Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment